This training provides high-level, structured training to GRSC players who demonstrate a passion for the game of soccer and a commitment to developing their skills through concentrated training. The training supplements the players team commitments. This is a 5 week training course, meeting once a week on Saturday mornings. Players will be grouped by age and skill level.
The Academy emphasizes: individual, skills-based training with an emphasis on beating defenders in a 1v1 situation, small-sided games, as well as developing creative, inspiring risk takers in a fun environment that fosters confidence.
Session 2 & 3 info:
Session 2 Dates: Saturday January 15th - February 12th
Session 3 Dates: Saturday February 26th - March 26th
Times: 1 hour session on Saturday mornings:
Birth Years 2012-2014 - 11:30 am*
Location: GRSC Indoor Facility, 101 Chelsea Road, Monticello
Cost: $65/session - sign up for both at the same time and get a $15 discount on the second session
*Individuals may be asked to join a section outside of their birth year based on that players individual skill level. Depending on total number of registrations section times listed above could be combined to ensure enough participants in each section.
There are 6 main skills that the training program will develop. Each of the 6 skills has many sub components that will be taught with Step by Step instruction.
The 6 Skills along with sub components are:
1. Ball Mastery- The foundation
- Dribbling- Most Fundamental skill needed.
- Beating the defender- 24 skills e.g.- Rollover, outside cut, start-stop.
2. Passing and Receiving
- Driven, Laces, Chipped, Bent, Reverse-no-look, Outside, No Look, Back heel.
3. Movement off the ball- Principles of attack.
- Improvisation and Creativity
- Driven shot
- Finesse shot
- Volley/Half Volley
5. Technical needs
- Receiving the ball and coping with pressure
- 1v1, Dynamic attacking players
6. Team defending
- Individual defending with in team concept
- Pressure, cover balance