It serves the community to remove as many barriers to play as possible
It teaches the sport of soccer in both skill and sportsmanship
It encourages continued play
|Spring Season||Summer Season||Fall Season|
|When does the season start||April 20th||July 13th||September 7th|
|When does the season end||June 7th||August 20th||October 17th|
|Where is it played||Monticello & Big Lake||Becker||Monticello|
|When are practices||Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday||Weekdays||Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday|
|When are games||Saturday Mornings||Weekdays||Saturday Mornings|
|What age groups||U6-U12||U5-U10||U6-U10|
|What Birth Years||2008-2014||2010-2015||2010-2014|
|Cost U8 and under||$60||$60||$60|
|Cost U9 and up||$80||$80||$80|
$10 Discount on each additional season if you register for multiple seasons at once!
Sibling discount of $10 automatically applied when choosing "register another person" prior to checkout.
For answers to frequently asked questions about GRSC's recreational soccer program, or what changed in 2020, click here: Rec. FAQs
For the safety of all players the following important items should be noted:
1. No jewelry is allowed to be worn during games and practices. This includes ear ring studs from new piercings. Do not get your child's ears pierced right before the season starts, either do it far enough in advance that ear rings can be removed during games and practice or wait until the season is over.
2. Shin guards are required for all players.
3. Soccer cleats are recommended but not required, Non-soccer cleats will not be allowed!
4. There is no heading in recreational soccer games or during practice.
A soccer ball is required for practices, U5-U8 use a size 3 ball while U9-U12 use a size 4.
Shin guards must be worn under a player's socks at all practices and games.
Soccer cleats are optional but highly recommended for better traction on the wet grass.
Reusable uniforms are used to save families money while allowing us to provide a better experience for our players. The same jersey will be used year after year so players can reuse their jersey or they can be passed down to family or friends. The cost of the uniforms is separated from the registration fee, allowing you to save money with each new season or year you register. Please indicate what size(s) you will need so we can keep proper inventory on hand.
The full kit included the reversible jersey, shorts, and soccer socks, items may also be purchased individually. We will schedule fittings so you can verify that you chose the correct size, if the size needs to change we can update the information at that time.
You do not need to use the shorts or socks from the kit, if you already have black shorts and black soccer socks feel free to use them.
Small-sided game modifications are made for the recreational program. The number of players on the field, the size of the playing field, as well as the ball and goal size are reduced in size to match the size of the players. Small-sided games are favored for the following reasons:
1. Skill development is enhanced because of more touches on the ball.
2. Fast acting fun with more actual playing time and real game action.
3. Excitement is enhanced due to less time to achieve or advance the ball towards the goal.
4. Exercise is increased since players play both offense and defense.
5. The available field space is better maximized to serve all youth.
We attempt to base our small sided games MYSA rules but some age groups may be combined, in which case some kids may not be following the suggested parameters for their age group.