If you have questions or need information that is not on the web site please email the recreational director at email@example.com.
We will be able to help you find the information.
It serves the community to remove as many barriers to play as possible
It teaches the sport of soccer in both skill and sportsmanship
It encourages continued play
|Spring Season||Summer Season||Fall Season|
|When does the season start||April 19th||July 12th||September 7th|
|When does the season end||June 5th||August 19th||October 9th|
|Where is it played||Monticello, Big Lake & Becker*||Becker, Monticello. & Annandale (practice only)**||Monticello*** possibly Big Lake|
|When are practices||Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday||Mondays or Wednesdays||Tuesday, or Thursday|
|When are games||Saturday Mornings||Tuesdays or Thursdays||Saturday Mornings|
|What age groups||U5-U12||U5-U10||U5-U10|
|What Birth Years||2009-2016||2011-2016||2011-2015|
|Cost U8 and under||$60||$60||$60|
|Cost U9 and up||$80||$80||$80|
*Note: Preferred sites are based on a first come, first serve basis and are not guaranteed.
**Note: We are thrilled to add Annandale and Monticello to the Summer locations for the 2021 season, while keeping Becker as it has been in the past. Annandale will act as a practice site only for this season. Players that choose Becker in their registration will practice and play games in Becker only. Players who choose Annandale or Monticello as practice locations will play games in Monticello. If there is not sufficient interest between Annandale and Monticello to field enough teams to play games in Monticello, then games will be moved to the Becker location only.
***Note: Fall locations are still being finalized and this info will be released when registration is opened up.
The best way to ensure the convenience of multiple locations in each season is to encourage as many kids to register as possible, please share this program with all area kids that may be interested.
For answers to frequently asked questions about GRSC's recreational soccer program, or what changed in 2020, click here: Rec. FAQs
For the safety of all players the following important items should be noted:
1. No jewelry is allowed to be worn during games and practices. This includes ear ring studs from new piercings. Do not get your child's ears pierced right before the season starts, either do it far enough in advance that ear rings can be removed during games and practice or wait until the season is over.
2. Shin guards are required for all players.
3. Soccer cleats are recommended but not required, Non-soccer cleats will NOT be allowed! No Baseball, Softball, or Football cleats these are dangerous while playing soccer.
4. There is no heading in recreational soccer games or during practice.
Reusable uniforms are used to save families money while allowing us to provide a better experience for our players. The same jersey will be used year after year so players can reuse their jersey or they can be passed down to family or friends. The cost of the uniforms is separated from the registration fee, allowing you to save money with each new season or year you register. Please indicate what size(s) you will need so we can keep proper inventory on hand.
The full kit includes the reversible jersey, shorts, and soccer socks, items may also be purchased individually. We will schedule fittings so you can verify that you chose the correct size, if the size needs to change we can update the information at that time.
You do not need to use the shorts or socks from the kit, if you already have black shorts and black soccer socks feel free to use them.
Small-sided game modifications are made for the recreational program. The number of players on the field, the size of the playing field, as well as the ball and goal size are reduced in size to match the size of the players. Small-sided games are favored for the following reasons:
1. Skill development is enhanced because of more touches on the ball.
2. Fast acting fun with more actual playing time and real game action.
3. Excitement is enhanced due to less time to achieve or advance the ball towards the goal.
4. Exercise is increased since players play both offense and defense.
5. The available field space is better maximized to serve all youth.
We attempt to base our small sided games MYSA rules but some age groups may be combined, in which case some kids may not be following the suggested parameters for their age group.
The MYSA small sided game chart can be found here.